Friday, April 20, 2012

Thumbs Down on AJAX Dish Detergent

 AJAX Dish Detergent      


 AJAX  Dish Detergent has been a household brand for years. I purchased this 34 oz. bottle which, the label says is 40% more that the competitors 24 oz. Sounded like a good deal because I had a really good deal (see notes) on the purchase.
  Since I don't have a dishwasher, I hand wash dishes 2 -3 times a day. A 24 oz. bottle of the brand I usually use will last me around 2 months. This bottle isn't going to last me 3 weeks! The consistency of the detergent was much thinner than other leading brands and it did not produce the kind of suds that I am used to having.
 Naturally, I had to use 2-3X as much and sometimes had to change the dishwater at least once while doing the dinner dishes. The suds just didn't hold up. The bottle also claims to be super De-greaser. I didn't think it was that great.


Size: 34 oz
Purchased at: Walmart Super center
Price: $2.49 (I paid $1.50)
NOTES: Using Walmart's Ad Matching policy, Family Dollar had this product on sale for
$2.00
                 -.50 Coupon
                                                              $1.50 FINAL PRICE (compared to $2.49)
I really didn't save money or come out ahead since I actually had to use more than I normally would on a load of dishes.

2 comments:

  1. I have stayed with the original and will continue to do so because it has served me well. I put a few drops in a greasy pan while having dinner and when I am ready to do my dishes the pan cleans very easily. As for that new product, I had no need to try it as I do not want bleach in my dish pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh with the few drops of course I add hot water.

    ReplyDelete