Monday, September 10, 2012

Trix Are For Kids? - Not so fast

     Thinking that I would add a little spark to the grand kid's breakfast, I bought a box of Trix on sale and with a coupon. It was a great deal as far the purchase price went. I should have read the ingredients, but not thinking and it being a name brand item, I figured it was okay. Not so.




    Granted he loved, the colors and the taste but within an hour, this energetic yet mainly well behaved 2 year old had transformed into a holy terror! What had happened here? It finally dawned on me to check the cereal box, since that was only thing different from any other day. Sure enough, it contains high amounts of sugar, red 40, yellow 6 and blue 1 food dyes.
There has been a lot of speculation and research as to whether or not, food dyes are a contributing factor to ADD in children. Some doctors warn parents to read the labels and restrict or eliminate these ingredients from  a child's diet.
 
I am convinced and that great deal on price found its way into the trash can.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment