Saturday, October 6, 2012

Progresso Recipe Starters


    Do you ever get burned out on trying to get some variety into your meal planning? I do and since my husband is kind of a picky eater, what I would love, he usually doesn't. This tends to make the job much harder. I found a coupon for Progressive Recipe Starters in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago and decided to try the Creamy Roasted Garlic.
    These are fairly new to the market and are available in 5 different flavors: Creamy Parmesan Basil, Creamy Portabella Mushroom, Creamy Roasted Garlic, Creamy Three Cheese, Fire Roasted Tomato. Each can has a featured simple recipe on it. The Creamy Roasted Garlic recipe was for chicken pot pie. Easy enough, pie crust, mixed vegetables, rotisserie chicken and of course the Recipe Starter.
    The recipe was easy to follow and was actually pretty tasty, although not quite what I like in a chicken pot pie. Personally, I think this flavor would be better on baked chicken, a beef roast or pork chops or any number of recipes listed at Progresso's website.
I plan on trying the other 4 flavors but I can tell you that this one was really very good.
 
Purchased: Walmart Super center
 
Price             1.48
Coupon:      - .50        Coupon
Final Price:    .98

Simply Cut Your Grocery Bill. Guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment