Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fiber One Chewy Bars


  I am not a big fan of cereal or cereal bars so when I had the chance to try these, I had my doubts. I tried the Oats & Peanut Butter and thought it had an aftertaste. Not really that good. I then tried the Oats & Chocolate and I think I was in 7th heaven! These were delicious! No aftertaste, lots of tiny chocolate bits and chocolate drizzled on top.

    Each bar contains 35% Daily Value of Fiber*
or  9 Grams of Fiber per serving.These are great for a quick snack, as a breakfast bar or even a tasty lunch dessert. I don't know about the 12 other flavors but the Oats & Chocolate are super!

I was surprised that these bars as do the others contain chickory root. After doing some research, I found that chickory root is a popular supplement in high fiber diets. It contains inulin, a polysaccharide that is used as a probiotic and beneficial to your health.

 
Retail Price at Walmart Super Center:   $2.68 but using Walmart's price matching policy, I paid $2.50 for a box of 10.
 
 $2.50 Purchase Price
-$1.00 Coupon
 $1.50 Final Price
 
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment