Monday, June 1, 2015

Buy Groceries and Make $$ Even After Using Coupons!

    I am a huge believer in coupons and price matching! Every Sunday, I make sure to get the newspaper just for the sale ads and coupons. Mid week, I start scanning online for the best deals and print the coupons that I am short in my collection. When I do the grocery shopping, I am armed with my list, ads and coupons and for the longest time I was very happy. I started noticing this site called 'Savings Star' that kept popping up every so often. I signed up and then realized that you had to have a smart phone to use the site. So much for that and went on along my business of coupons and price matching.
     I have to admit that when tablets and the smart phones came out, I never much paid attention and I was quite happy with my dinosaur phone. What did I need those things for anyway?   I am not one of the 'firsts' to get the latest electronic thing that comes out so I stayed in my little happy space on my shopping trips.
    I eventually bought a tablet after my best friend got one to read the bible with in church. That was pretty much what I used it for too, except for a couple of games ... The more familiar I became with the tablet, the better I was at using the apps.
    Eventually 'Checkout 51came along and since all I needed was a scanner and computer - wala! I was making money buying my groceries, using coupons and price matching! Then I discovered Ibotta! I have to admit it took me a few shopping trips to get the idea of selecting the products that I shopped for, scanning them and the receipt but not only am I having fun but I am saving money and making money all at the same time! Pretty cool!
   I started with Checkout 51,which is out of Canada and you have to reach $20.00 before you can collect your rebates while Savings Star and Ibotta are only $5.00 and you have the option to cash out through PayPal or as a deposit to your bank. I started with Checkout 51 a couple of months ago and with the other 2 about 3 weeks ago. This past week, I cashed out $44.97!

$27.00 Checkout 51
$  5.87 Saving Star
$12.10 Ibotta

I didn't change my buying habits, bought only what I normally would and with just the 2 of us, my grocery needs are not anything like that of a family's so I am sure family's can cash in on more rebates than I do. Better yet, Ibotta isn't limited just groceries! You can take advantage of rebates by shopping online, at certain restaurants, shopping for clothes, health and beauty, electronics, home and office and s much more.

Either way, I would urge you to check these sites out! I am sure the extra cash will always come in handy!


                                                   Happy Shopping !


UPDATE: Checkout 51 is in Canada. I was a bit leery about getting a check from them but as it turns out, not only did it take less than a week for the check to get here but it is drawn on a New York City Bank with US funds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment